Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Shopping for Change

I came across this cool new campaign while skimming through the latest Marie Clare at the gym. It’s called the Girls m.powerment campaign and it’s an initiative of mark, a network of young women who sell exclusive make-up, skin, body care, and fragrance products, as well as accessories. One of the company’s latest accessories is the “Have a Heart Necklace” whose full net proceeds will go to ending the cycle of dating abuse and violence. The necklace was designed by Lauren Conrad of MTV’s hit reality TV show the Hills.


Join the movement to empower young women everywhere now by purchasing your very own heart necklace.

The campaign is being managed by the Avon Foundation which also has campaigns for breast cancer, domestic violence, and emergency relief. (Thank you Avon!)

3 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door October 8, 2008 at 10:30 AM  

You had me wanting on until you told me Lauren Conard had designed it. I don't think she needs anymore money. She is all over the place.

On a serious note that is a really nice idea. I love shopping for a cause.

Feminist in the City October 8, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

Haha - I know. I was annoyed that she was the designer too but think it's a great new way to promote an important cause - especially since 100% of the profits go to the campaign - not L.C.'s wallet!

Anonymous,  October 8, 2008 at 3:15 PM  

So pretty! And I love the idea of it!

And unlike Camila, I don't care the LC designed it- I like her! (There, I said it!)