Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back in Action

Hello again friends!

After a grueling few weeks of work I'm back and what a better time for it! This week has been chock full of exciting news starting with, of course, the inauguration of our 44th President – Barack Obama (Yes We Can!). I could not be prouder to be an American and more hopeful for the future of our country. Watching the coverage on Tuesday I was awe struck by the amount of people that flocked to D.C. to be a part of this historic day. I only wish I too could have been there, but even watching the coverage from home I was overwhelmed with emotion and pride. Did anyone make it out to D.C? If so, please share your experience – I’d love to hear from you!

More good news came with the swearing in of Hilary Clinton as Secretary of State – another victory for this nation! The Senate approved her overwhelmingly with a vote of 94-2 just a day following Obama’s inauguration. Although I will miss her terribly as a New York senator I could not think of a person better equipped for this position!

And this is just the first week of a new democratically led era in American history. I can’t wait to see what the future holds. What do you want Obama to do in his first 100 days in office?

0 comments: