Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Exciting News!

I was recently hired as a blogger for Care2 , a social network website with approximately 9 million members that helps connect activists from around the world and offers a platform for online activism for a variety of issues (women's rights, human rights, civil rights, animal rights, environment rights, etc).

I will be blogging for the women's rights channel, of course, and would love you support. I'll be posting 2-3 days a week so please stop by and check out what I have to say whenever you have a chance. Feel free to post comments to my articles or those of others that interest you.

My first post was published last week: Check out what I have to say about the anniversary of Roe v. Wade!

Thanks in advance for your support! I was very excited to share this news with you and hope that my writing will inform and entertain you (as I hope it has here!). Care2 is a great place to meet new people and take part in the type of activism you seek out so, at the very least, go and check them out and join the community and show that you care too!

2 comments:

Radical Reminders January 28, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

congrats!! it must be nice to get paid for what you love to do ;)

Also, i don't think i ever mentioned how jealous i am that you've met Eve Ensler!!!

Feminist in the City January 28, 2009 at 11:04 PM  

FeministGal,

Thanks!!

I LOVE Eve Ensler (hence the photo!). In college I actually brought her to campus as a speaker and then started volunteering with Vday so have gotten to spend some time with her and she's amazing!! If any events / volunteering opportunities arise that I do that could lead to an introduction I'll definitely let you know!