Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Happy Women's Equality Day!

Better late than never, right?

I completely forgot about today's significance until I got an email from my sister at work wishing me a Happy Women's Equality Day! I got so busy at work that it slipped my mind until now but I couldn't let it go and it's not midnight yet here on the East Coast so I guess I'm coming in right under the wire.

So thank you suffragists for working so hard to guarantee my right to vote. Thanks to your tireless efforts in ensuring the passing of the 19th Amendment, women like me and those across the country have exercised our right to vote for nearly 90 years and this year I cashed in my vote for the first woman candidate for President - Mrs. Hillary Clinton. That is a moment I will never forget.

Speaking of women's suffrage. I came across a movie - Iron Jawed Angels - with Hilary Swank that is a beautiful portrayal of the suffrage movement. I definately recommend checking it out if you haven't already.


Happy Women's Equality Day all!

0 comments: