Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A New Day

I've been thinking a lot about my little virtual home here at Feminist in the City and I've come to some new thoughts on how I'd like to, let's say, decorate it. See, I thought that writing this blog would be something I would enjoy, something that would give me space to express my thoughts and feelings about the world around me, but instead it has become a chore, something always nagging me in the back of my mind. And I think I know why.

It's because I was taking this too seriously, trying too hard to write the right thing and in the right way, trying too hard to sound smart and witty, so much so that I lost sight of what it was I wanted to do, which is be ME! And share MY thoughts no matter how inane or wise. And I learned something: my thoughts, my opinions cannot be edited. They are what I think and feel and no-one has to agree. In fact, if you disagree, please let me know. If I haven't thought of something that you have let me know! I'd LOVE to hear from you.

So, things are going to change around here, hopefully for the better. I may ramble about my day or what's stressing me out. I might get really angry about something sexists or unjust that I read about. I may give you some insight into the little old island of Manhattan that I inhabit - cool spots to check out, restaurants to eat at, exhibits to visit, etc.

So, here's to a new day and hopefully a new look soon (I'm still not digging this layout / colors)!

Sidenote: Let it be known that while writing this post I could not get Celine Dion's "A New Day has Come" song out of my mind.

0 comments: